They have excellent presentation and are delicious this chocolate balls, ideal to decorate any festive table.
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) softened margarine
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) chocolate powder
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) marie biscuit (crackers)
- Place the marie biscuit in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar and the margarine until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the chocolate powder and the egg yolks and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Then, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites. Finally, add the grinded biscuits and mix well with your hands or with a spatula.
- Mold with your hands small portions of chocolate in the shape of balls. Coat the chocolate balls in sugar and refrigerate for approximately 2 to 3 hours.