Delicious puff filled with chunks of apple and plum, prepared with a cream confectioned with corn starch, egg yolks, cinnamon stick, lemon peel and milk, that goes to oven brushed with beaten egg, garnished with cinnamon and powdered sugar.
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) puff pastry
- 4 plums
- 4 small red apples
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- The rind of a lemon
- 300 ml (1 1/3 cups) milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cinnamon powder for garnish
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- In a bowl dissolve with the help of a spoon the corn starch in 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk.
- In a saucepan place the egg yolks, sugar, the dissolved corn starch in the milk and the remaining milk. Wrap everything well with a wire whisk. Add the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick and bring to low heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the cream thickens. Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Wash and peel the apples. Cut the apples into pieces and drizzle with a little lemon juice. Cut also into pieces the unpeeled plums and mix with the apple pieces.
- Extend the puff pastry on a table and give it a rectangular shape. Place the fruit over the dough. Cover the fruit with the cream and roll the dough over the mixture (connect the edges of the dough with the help of the fingers).
- Place on a baking tray and brush the top with beaten egg. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar and cut the puff into slices with a sharp knife.