In traditional parties the pumpkin dreams are an indispensable presence. Mouthwatering…
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) pumpkin
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one orange
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Sugar and cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Peel and wash the pumpkin. Cut into small pieces and put it in a saucepan with water seasoned with a cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook about 25 to 30 minutes. When the pumpkin is cooked, drain it and let cool completely.
- Place the pumpkin in a blender and blend on high until creamy. Transfer the pumpkin to a large bowl and add the sugar, the egg yolk, orange zest, flour and mix well with a spoon.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, add small portions of the dough with a spoon and fry them on both sides until golden. When they are fried, remove them with a skimmer and place on a plate with absorbent paper. Let cool slightly and coat them in sugar mixed with cinnamon.
- Serve the pumpkin dreams at room temperature.