Bread with fruit jam2013-11-22
- Servings : 12 units
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 2:15 h
Rate this recipe:
A bread recipe with excellent presentation, confectioned with baker’s yeast, sugar, margarine and flour, stuffed with fruit jam, which goes to oven brushed with egg yolk and sprinkled with sugar.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 35 grams / (1 1/4 ounces) baker’s yeast (fresh or dry yeast)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) margarine
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) water
- 3 eggs
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- 1 egg yolk
- Sugar for dusting
- For the filling:
- Fruit jam or other sweet
- Place in a bowl the eggs, sugar, margarine, a pinch of salt, and knead well with your hands. Dissolve the baker’s yeast with the water and add to the previous mixture. Mix, and then pour the milk and finally the flour. Knead everything nicely inside the bowl, and then, place the dough over a table sprinkled with a little flour. Rub your hands with a little olive oil to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands and, knead about ten minutes until the dough is fully involved and soft. Let stand for 25 minutes in a bowl covered with cling film.
- Knead the dough a little more, divide it into 12 pieces, and place them on a baking pan previously greased with margarine and dusted with flour. With the help of two spoons, make an opening in each one of them, and pour about two teaspoons of sweet. Close the dough and give them the shape you want.
- Cover the baking tray with cling film and let stand until the dough increase the volume a little.
- Brush each one of them with beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 25 minutes until browned on top.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 units):
Total Fat: 9 g(14%)
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g(9%)
Cholesterol: 59 mg(29%)
Sodium: 116 mg(5%)
Total Carbohydrate: 53.5 g(18%)
Protein: 7.5 g