Burger with caramelized onion2014-05-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
If you don’t have much time this recipe is perfect for you. Simple burgers served with caramelized onion, a delight…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced beef
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) minced pork
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A drizzle of olive oil for frying the burgers
- 10 grams / (1/3 ounce) breadcrumbs
- 3 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the minced meat in a bowl together with pepper, nutmeg, chopped garlics, salt, one chopped onion, Worcestershire sauce, egg yolk and breadcrumbs. Mix well with hands and mold in the shape of burgers.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. When hot, add the burgers and fry them on both sides over medium-low heat until they start to turn slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, in another frying pan, pour 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, the remaining onions cut into round slices, the brown sugar and, cook over low heat until the onion starts to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- Place the caramelized onion over the burger and serve with chips.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 27 g(42%)
Saturated Fat: 6 g(30%)
Cholesterol: 105 mg(35%)
Sodium: 300 mg(13%)
Total Carbohydrate: 17 g(6%)
Protein: 18 g