Want to prepare a refreshing and quite tasty dessert for those hot summer days? This orange sweet is perfect for the occasion, it’s easy to prepare, everyone will like it and has excellent presentation.
- 1/2 liter (about 2 cups) oranje juice
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) natural yogurt
- 4 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grated chocolate
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Put the gelatin sheets in water about 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, put the orange juice, the beaten eggs and the sugar. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, drain the gelatin sheets and put in the microwave for 15 seconds. Remove from the microwave and dissolve the gelatin sheets with a spoon.
- When the orange mixture starts boiling, reduce to low heat and add the dissolved gelatin sheets. Stir until obtain a slightly creamy mixture, about 7 to 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the orange cream and the yogurt. Put the sweet in individual bowls and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- For garnish:
In a electric mixer, beat the cream with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Put the whipped cream into a pastry bag and garnish the sweet. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve.