Cuttlefish with rice2013-12-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:25 h
Rate this recipe:
A simple, fast and very tasty recipe of cuttlefish with rice that your kids will love.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) cuttlefish
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash the cuttlefish and cut them into pieces.
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, cuttlefish, the peeled tomatoes cut into pieces, chopped onion, chopped garlics and the bay leaf. Season with some pepper and salt, stir and cook over low heat about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the rice and season with a little salt. Pour the water (twice the rice volume), stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the rice about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let stand about five minutes and serve.