- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
To take advantage of the seasonal fruit nothing like preparing a delicious fig jam. It’s easy to prepare and ideal for lunch or small snacks. Serve with crackers.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) figs
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Wash and peel the figs.
- Put the figs, sugar and the cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Stir with a spoon and simmer over low heat about 45 minutes until thickens (pass a wooden spoon in the bottom of the saucepan and if it leaves a trail like a road, the sweet is ready), stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and let cool to room temperature.
- Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed.