Peas with spare ribs and poached eggs2015-07-11
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
Delicious recipe for a Sunday in family of peas with spare ribs, prepared in a typical Portuguese stew, garnished with poached eggs.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) peas
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) spare ribs cut into pieces
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 4 eggs
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Place in a saucepan, the olive oil, chopped onion, the unpeeled crushed garlics (place the garlic on a table and use your hand to press the flat side of the knife against the garlic. The garlic will easily crush under your weight), the spare ribs pieces, pepper and the bay leaf. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook over low heat about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the peas and season with a little salt. Stir, pour the water (enough water to cover completely the mixture), bring to a boil and simmer about 25 minutes.
- When the peas are almost cooked, add the eggs and leave them poach. Turn off the heat and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 62 g(95%)
Saturated Fat: 17 g(85%)
Cholesterol: 330 mg(110%)
Sodium: 400 mg(17%)
Total Carbohydrate: 30 g(10%)
Protein: 38 g