Want to prepare a delicious and nutritious meal? You must cook this recipe of rice and peas with poached eggs, it’s easy to prepare and the whole family will enjoy!
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 300 grams (2 cups) peas
- 200 grams (1 cup) rice
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion and the peeled garlic in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the peas and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and season with a little more salt. Mix the rice in the peas, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the rice and the peas) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the eggs and let them poach.
- Turn off the heat, let stand about 5 minutes and serve.