Want to prepare a delicious and nutritious meal? You must cook this recipe of rice and peas with poached eggs, it’s easy to prepare and the whole family will enjoy!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 300 grams (2 cups) peas
- 200 grams (1 cup) rice
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion and the peeled garlic in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the peas and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and season with a little more salt. Mix the rice in the peas, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the rice and the peas) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the eggs and let them poach.
- Turn off the heat, let stand about 5 minutes and serve.