These are those recipes that are perfect for serving on a family Sunday lunch. Broad beans cooked with the taste of the spare ribs and chouriço. These recipes are perfect for gathering the family!
In this recipe we often like to add poached eggs. To do this, when the broad beans are practically cooked, add the eggs, cover the saucepan with a lid and cook for more five minutes.
HOW TO PREPARE BROAD BEANS WITH SPARE RIBS:
In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the chopped onions, the peeled whole garlic, the bay leaf, the spare ribs cut into pieces and the sliced chouriço. Season with salt and pepper, stir and simmer about 30 minutes.
Pour enough water to completely cover the mixture, season with a little more salt and let boil. When starts boiling, add the beans, stir and cook for about one hour.
Sprinkle with chopped coriander and turn off the heat. Allow to rest for five minutes and serve.
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) broad beans
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) spare ribs
- 75 grams (2 2/3 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, chopped onions, the peeled whole garlic, bay leaf, the spare ribs cut into pieces and the chouriço cut into round slices. Season with salt and pepper, stir and simmer over low heat about 30 minutes.
- Pour enough water to cover completely the mixture, season with a little salt and let boil. When starts boiling, add the broad beans, stir and cook for about one hour (if necessary add a little more water until cover the broad beans).
- When the broad beans are cooked, sprinkle with chopped coriander and turn off the heat. Allow to rest about five minutes and serve.