Tuna rice in the oven2012-11-08
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare a delicious and simple recipe with excellent presentation? We suggest tuna rice in the oven, it’s an easy and quite tasty recipe! Serve with salad and a good white wine! Bon appetit!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 1 egg
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Saffron (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Place 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the rice and season with salt. Stir and fry the rice about a minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume), stir and boil over medium-high heat. When the water starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the rice for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the tuna and shred with a fork; set aside.
- Place the remaining olive oil and the chopped onion in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the tuna and season with pepper, nutmeg and saffron. Stir and cook over low heat about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, and mix the rice with the tuna.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Place the previous mixture on a baking pan and brush with beaten egg yolk. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.