When it gets too hot, this lemon ice cream is a great solution for enjoying in a terrace… Prepare this quite refreshing recipe, ideal for a hot Summer day!
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to beat the cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- In a bowl, whip the cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar and the egg yolks until a creamy mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, pour the lemon juice and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Finally, add the whipped cream and fold gently with a spatula.
- Place the mixture into individual bowls and freeze for six hours or overnight.