Do yourself a delicious homemade chocolate ice cream! It’s easy, economic and the whole family will love it! Dare yourself!
- 200 grams (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to beat the cream
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- Place the chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl together with the margarine and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork until a creamy mixture.
- In a bowl, whip the cream and the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar and the egg yolks until obtain a quite creamy mixture. Pour the milk, the melted chocolate and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Add the whipped cream and fold gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture in a rectangular dish and freeze until set; about 6 hours or overnight.