With heat and the Summer a refreshing and delicious dessert is always welcome! This simple vanilla ice cream with excellent presentation is perfect for you!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Cinnamon powder for garnish
- Whip the cream and the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the vanilla powder, milk, vanilla extract and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped cream.
- Pour the previous mixture in a rectangular dish and freeze until set; about 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve the ice cream garnished with cinnamon powder.