Caramelized strawberry cake2014-03-12
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
Want to prepare a special snack for your friends? Serve them this delicious caramelized strawberry cake… They will love it…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 200 grams (7 ounces) strawberries
- 4 strawberries for garnish
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chocolate powder
- Wash the 4 strawberries for garnish and cut the stem.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)). Place the cake pan on the stove over low heat until caramelize the sugar (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and place on the bottom of the cake pan the strawberries cut in half.
- Wash 200 grams (7 ounces) strawberries and remove the stem. Place the strawberries in a blender and blend on high until a creamy mixture.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and sugar until a homogeneous mixture. Add the strawberries cream, honey, chocolate powder and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and quite creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Caramelized strawberry cake
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 2 g(3%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 70 mg(23%)
Sodium: 70 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 40 g(13%)
Protein: 3 g