Coffee and cocoa cake2018-08-19
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
This is one of those cakes that everyone appreciates, has few ingredients, is very simple to prepare and the coffee and cocoa fusion makes this cake delicious. If you want to prepare a quick snack this cake is perfect for the occasion.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the dark brown sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the coffee and the cocoa powder and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan
and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake to a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.