Dogfish with chorizo and rice in the oven2018-01-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 60m
If you going to receive visits and want to prepare a simple recipe in the oven, this is without a doubt the ideal recipe for you! Dogfish with chorizo and rice in the oven is a recipe with excellent presentation and very easy to prepare!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 700 grams (1 1/2 pounds) dogfish
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) rice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt (to taste)
- Remove the skin and bones to the dogfish and cut into pieces.
- Put 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil and one chopped garlic clove in a saucepan and saute over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry the rice for 1 minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the remaining olive oil, the remaining chopped garlic, the chopped onion and the chorizo cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the dogfish pieces and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir, cover the pan and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, add the rice and mix everything very well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Put the fish and rice mixture on a baking dish and brush with egg yolk. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve with lettuce and tomato salad.