Want to give a special touch to the minced meat? Prepare it with rice and bake in the oven brushed with egg yolk! It’s easy and stays with an excellent presentation.
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) minced beef
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) minced pork
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt (to taste)
- Place 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, a chopped onion and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the meat and season with a little salt, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg and pepper. Stir, cover the pan with a lid and cook over low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining olive oil and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry the rice in the olive oil for about one minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the rice for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- On a baking dish place a layer of rice, on top, a layer of meat and, finally, another layer of rice. Brush with beaten egg yolk and bake until golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.