- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Have a family snack and want to impress? This ricotta cake is wonderful, smooth and creamy, ideal to serve with coffee or hot tea in a Winter day…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) ricotta
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Add the ricotta and the honey and mix for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.