Do you want to prepare a simple cake but at the same time quite tasty and with excellent presentation? This butter cake is perfect for you! It’s ideal to serve at a party or snack among friends!! Bon appetit!!!
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams ( about 1 cup) butter to room temperature
- Zest of one lemon
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the butter and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.