- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare a tasty food for a special occasion? This seafood rice recipe has excellent presentation and is ideal for serving in a family lunch. Try it, you gonna love it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) shrimp
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) crab sticks
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) shelled mussels
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) peeled shrimp
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimps
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- Note: You can add other types of seafood
- Place the shrimp in a saucepan with water seasoned with a little salt, a small onion and a bunch of parsley. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 5 minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the peel and set aside.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, chopped garlic, chopped onion, the green pepper and the red pepper cut into strips and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Bring to low heat and cook until the tomato start to break down. Then, add the rice, shrimps, mussels, crab sticks and the peeled shrimps. Season with salt and a little pepper, stir and cook about a minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve immediately.