At a family party or with friends it’s important to present a special and tasty appetizer! We suggest this bread filled with meat, will make succeed and whet your appetite for the next meal…
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) minced beef
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) minced pork
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) mayonnaise
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) grated cheese
- 1 bread (about 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces))
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion and the peeled tomato cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the minced meat and season with a little salt, pepper, nutmeg and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and cook over medium-low heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let cool about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the meat, mayonnaise and the grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- With a sharp knife cut off the top of the bread and remove the inside (reserve the bread crumb). Put the filling inside the bread and cover with the lid.
- Put the bread and the bread crumb on a baking pan and bake about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.