The croaker soup is an easy and delicious recipe to prepare, ideal for any quick and nutritious meal.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 4 croaker steaks (about 900 grams (2 pounds))
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 liter (about 4 cups) water
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Bread (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the croaker in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. When the croaker is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and allow to cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and cut the fish into pieces.
- Meanwhile, place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and simmer until the tomato start to break down. Then, pour the water and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling turn off the heat.
- Place the bread cut into pieces in the bottom of each dish, then add the fish pieces and pour the broth.