Steaks confectioned with mushrooms, seasoned with pepper and salt, drizzled with coffee, milk and red wine.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 4 beef steaks (about 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces))
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) margarine
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) strong coffee
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) red wine
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat the margarine in a frying pan. When the margarine is completely melted, add the steaks and the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and fry over medium-low heat. When the steaks are fried, place them on a plate and set aside.
- Dissolve the flour in the milk. Add to the frying pan the milk with the flour, the coffee and the red wine. Stir and allow the sauce to thicken a little. Stir once in a while.
- Place back the steaks in the frying pan, drizzle with the sauce and turn off the heat. Serve the steaks with lettuce salad and white rice.