Pork steaks are greatly appreciated in Portuguese cuisine! Prepare this recipe of pork steaks with special sauce and you will have a different and tasty recipe for your lunch.
- 3 pork steaks (about 375 grams (13 1/3 ounces))
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 bay leaves
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the pork steaks with salt, chopped garlic, red pepper sauce, nutmeg, white wine, bay leaf and pepper. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat over medium-low heat a frying pan with olive oil and margarine. When the margarine starts to melt, add the pork steaks and the marinade and fry them over low heat about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve the pork steaks with rice.