You must try this tasty and simple tomato jam! It’s a delight served with toasts or bread…
- 2 kg (4 1/2 pounds) ripe tomatoes
- 350 grams (1 1/2 cups) granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Wash and remove the tomato skin and seeds.
- In a saucepan, place the tomato cut into small pieces together with the sugar and the cinnamon sticks. Stir with a spoon and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 1 hour and 20 minutes until thickens (pass a wooden spoon in the bottom of the saucepan and if it leaves a trail like a road, the sweet is ready), stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon sticks and let cool to room temperature. Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed.