A very tasty sweet, simple to prepare, pumpkin cooked along with sugar, cinnamon stick, orange juice, orange zest and lemon peel.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 2 kg (4 1/2 pounds) pumpkin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon peel
- 350 grams (1 1/2 cups) granulated sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- Zest of ane orange
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut it into small pieces. Place in a pan with the cinnamon stick, the sugar, the orange juice, the orange zest and the lemon peel.
- Place the pan over low heat stirring constantly. Cook the pumpkin until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed. Serve with fresh cheese and toasts.