Cod ‘à Minhota’ (cod and potatoes fried in oil)2012-11-07
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
A typical Portuguese dish, cod seasoned with pepper and salt, served with fried potatoes, drizzled with a sauce of olive oil, onion and garlics.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 egg
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Season the cod steaks with pepper and a little salt if necessary. Coat the cod steaks in beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Wash, peel the potatoes and cut them into round slices. Fry them in hot oil. Place them on a platter over absorbent paper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the cod steaks and fry them on both sides.
- In another skillet, add the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices and the unpeeled crushed garlics. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden.
- Place the cod and the potatoes on a plate, drizzle the cod with the olive oil and onion sauce and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 27.5 g(42%)
Saturated Fat: 4 g(21%)
Cholesterol: 178 mg(59%)
Sodium: 270 mg(11%)
Total Carbohydrate: 54 g(18%)
Protein: 64.5 g