Tuna with spaghetti in the oven2014-04-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
This recipe of tuna with spaghetti in the oven is very tasty and have excellent presentation. It’s very easy to prepare and ideal for any occasion.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Thyme (to taste)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion to cook the pasta
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- Salt (to taste)
- Boil on high heat a saucepan with water seasoned with some salt and a small onion. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat, add the spaghetti and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain the water and set aside.
- Shred the tuna with a fork. In a bowl, whisk the béchamel and the cream; set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, bay leaf, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a frying pan and cook over low heat until the tomatoes start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Add the shredded tuna, stir and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add the spaghetti together with the béchamel mixture. Mix well with a spoon and cook over low heat about two to three minutes. Turn off the heat and pour the mixture in a rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese and thyme and bake for 25 minutes until slightly golden.
- Turn off the oven and serve.