Cod ‘à Brás’ with shrimp2013-02-02
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
One of the traditional recipes most appreciated in Portugal is cod à Brás, we suggest a different version with shrimp! See our recipe and how to prepare it! Bon appetit!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 700 grams (1 1/2 pounds) desalted cod
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Juice of half lemon
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) shrimp
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 750 grams (1 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Put the cod in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 6 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat, drain the cod with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod with a fork; set aside.
- In another saucepan with water and a small onion, cook the shrimp for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn off the heat, let cool and peel the shrimp. Cut them into pieces, season with lemon juice and set aside.
- Peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into thin sticks. Season with some salt and fry in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, put them on a plate with absorbent paper; set aside.
- Put the olive oil, chopped garlic and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the flaked cod and the shrimp and season with some pepper. Stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and mix gently with a spoon. Remove briefly the pan from heat and pour the beaten egg. Mix well and put the pan back over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add the egg yolk and the chopped parsley. Mix gently and serve.
Cod ‘à Brás’ with shrimp
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 16 g(25%)
Saturated Fat: 3 g(14%)
Cholesterol: 321 mg(107%)
Sodium: 417 mg(17%)
Total Carbohydrate: 34 g(11%)
Protein: 65 g