Cod with chorizo and rice in the oven2017-11-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Want to prepare a simple meal in the oven for your friends? This recipe of cod with chorizo and rice in the oven is easy, has excellent presentation and will be a pleasant surprise for your friends! They will love the blend of flavors that the recipe offers.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 700 grams (1 1/2 pounds) desalted cod
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 large onion
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt (to taste)
- Put 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil and one chopped garlic clove in a saucepan and saute over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry the rice for 1 minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the cod in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 6 to 7 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skin and bones and flake it with a fork.
- Put the remaining olive oil, the remaining chopped garlic, the chopped onion and the chorizo cut into small pieces in a skillet and cook over low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the flaked cod and season with a little pepper. Stir and cook more 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, add the rice to the skillet and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Pour the mixture on a baking dish and brush with the beaten egg yolk. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.
Cod with chorizo and rice in the oven
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 36.5 g(47%)
Saturated Fat: 8 g(39%)
Cholesterol: 171 mg(57%)
Sodium: 491 mg(21%)
Total Carbohydrate: 55 g(20%)
Protein: 51.5 g