Fried cod with special sauce2014-03-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
All meals with cod are always a good bet on any family lunch. To innovate and make a different recipe try this fried cod with special sauce, it’s very tasty and has excellent presentation!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- Coriander (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Wash the potatoes, cut into round slices and put them in a baking pan. Season with salt and drizzle with 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil. Bake until the potatoes start to turn slightly golden, about 40 minutes.
- Cook the eggs in a pan with water. When the eggs are cooked, peel them, cut into round slices and set aside.
- Heat over low heat 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil in a skillet. When hot, add the cod steaks cut into pieces and fry them on both sides over medium-low heat about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Put the remaining olive oil together with the unpeeled crushed garlic, the red pepper sauce and the chopped coriander in a skillet and cook over low heat for about four to five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle the cod, potatoes and the eggs with the sauce and serve.
Fried cod with special sauce
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 41.5 g(63%)
Saturated Fat: 6.5 g(33%)
Cholesterol: 260 mg(87%)
Sodium: 298 mg(12%)
Total Carbohydrate: 48.5 g(16%)
Protein: 66.5 g