Portuguese migas (crumbs) with spare ribs2016-12-27
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 1:30 h
For a special lunch with family or friends, a typical Portuguese dish is always an excellent option. We recommend Portuguese migas (crumbs) with spare ribs, it’s simple to prepare and makes your lunch a success.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds) pork spare ribs cut into pieces
- 10 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- 400 grams (14 ounces) stale bread cut into pieces
- 1 liter (4 1/4 cups) water
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the spare ribs with salt, 6 unpeeled crushed cloves of garlic, pepper, bay leaf and red pepper sauce. Let marinate about 1 hour.
- In a skillet, heat over medium-low heat 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add the spare ribs with the marinade and fry until the meat start to turn golden, about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, boil the water in a saucepan. In another skillet pour the remaining olive oil, 4 chopped cloves of garlic and saute over low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bread, season with a little salt and pepper and mix well. Then, pour the boiling water gradually and stir until the bread start to break down slightly. Sprinkle with chopped coriander, stir and cook for more 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve the Portuguese migas and the spare ribs drizzled with the sauce.
Portuguese migas (crumbs) with spare ribs
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 86 g(132%)
Saturated Fat: 20 g(100%)
Cholesterol: 206 mg(69%)
Sodium: 845 mg(35%)
Total Carbohydrate: 53 g(18%)
Protein: 61 g