This recipe is perfect for a family Sunday lunch! Peas cooked with spare ribs and poached eggs. It’s a delicious recipe that the whole family will enjoy! Bon appetit!!!
- 450 grams (3 cups) peas
- 600 grams (1 1/3 pounds) spare ribs cut into pieces
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 4 eggs
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion, the chopped garlic and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the spare ribs and season with a little salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and season with a little more salt. Stir, pour the water (enough water to cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 25 minutes.
- When the peas are almost cooked, add the eggs and let them poach about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve.