Spanish omelette with meat2014-07-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 60m
Want a light and tasty meal for a Spring lunch? This Spanish omelette with meat is the perfect solution! Serve with salad and natural orange juice.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 200 grams (7 ounces) beef
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 400 grams (14 ounces) small potatoes
- 1 small onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- 5 eggs
- Parsley (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Vegetable oil for frying the potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into round slices. Season with salt and fry them in hot vegetable oil until they turn slightly golden. When the potatoes are fries, place them on a dish with absorbent paper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel the skin off of the chorizo. Place the meat and the chorizo in a saucepan with water seasoned with some salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for about 30 to 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the meat and the chorizo. Flake the meat with a fork and cut the chorizo into small pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Add the meat, chorizo and the potatoes and season with a little pepper and chopped parsley. Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Place the olive oil and the chopped onion in a skillet and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden. Add the previous mixture and fry on both sides until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Check with a spatula if the Spanish omelette is golden on the bottom, and turn the omelette with the help of a dish (turn the omelette placing a dish over the skillet. Place the omelette back in the skillet to fry the other side).
- Turn off the heat and serve the Spanish omelette with lettuce salad and natural orange juice.
Spanish omelette with meat
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 35 g(54%)
Saturated Fat: 9 g(45%)
Cholesterol: 310 mg(103%)
Sodium: 480 mg(20%)
Total Carbohydrate: 22 g(7%)
Protein: 23 g