The carrot reveals its true flavor in this delicious carrot jam recipe. It’s a simple jam with excellent presentation, light, fresh and ideal for a picnic on a spring afternoon! Try it, you will not regret!
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) carrots
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Wash, peel the carrots and place them in saucepan with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium-high heat and simmer for 30 minutes. When the carrots are cooked, cut them into small pieces.
- Place the carrot pieces together with the sugar, cinnamon stick and the orange juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until pureed, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and let cool to room temperature. Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed.