To vary your chicken recipes we recommend this chicken stroganoff recipe. A very tasty dish with a quite creamy sauce, a delight…
- 1.5 kg (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 400 grams (14 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) whipping cream
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden brown. Add the chicken pieces and fry them approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms, stir and cook more 5 minutes.
- Then, add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, white wine and the flour. Stir with a wooden spoon and season with some salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover the pan and cook about 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the cream, stir and cook until obtain a creamy sauce, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Turn off the heat and serve with spaghetti or white rice.