Do you have to prepare a cake for a special occasion? This chocolate cake with chantilly is a temptation… It’s very delicious, creamy and with excellent presentation that will impress your friends… Dare yourself!!
For the cake:
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) chocolate powder
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid caramel
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 400 ml (1 pint (473 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the chantilly:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, baking powder, chocolate powder and the salt. Then, add the eggs, milk, the liquid caramel and beat until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Finally, mix the coffee.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely.
- For the chantilly:
In an electric mixer, beat the cream together with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Slice the cake in half with a long knife and fill with a little of the chantilly. Cover with the top slice of the cake and spread with a spatula the cake with the remaining chantilly. Garnish with grated chocolate and serve. Store the cake in the fridge.