A cake for the whole family with a delicious combination of flavors, chocolate and walnuts. Ideal to serve with tea on a Sunday snack.
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) margarine
- 6 eggs
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) shelled walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- Put the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine in a bowl and melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork until a creamy mixture; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the vanilla powder and the chocolate mixture and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy. Finally, fold the walnuts with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.