Dogfish can be prepared in various ways, have you tasted dogfish à lagareiro? Try, it’s delicious!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERSubscribe to our newsletter and receive new recipes in your inbox.
- 4 dogfish steaks (about 900 grams (2 pounds))
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 250 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- 10 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Wash well the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat and cook for 20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and give a small cut with a knife on each one.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place the fish in a baking dish together with the chopped garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Place the potatoes in another baking dish. Bake simultaneously the potatoes and the fish (the fish baking dish at the bottom grid and the potatoes baking dish in the top grid) about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle the potatoes and the fish with chopped parsley and serve.