Want to make a typical Portuguese recipe? This delicious fish stew recipe is right for you.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) fish (monkfish, conger, cuttlefish or other type of fish)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into round slices.
- In a saucepan, put a layer of sliced onions, peeled tomatoes cut into pieces, the peeled whole garlic, a layer of potatoes, a layer of fish, the peppers cut into strips, another layer of potatoes, fish and onion. Season with salt, bay leaf and some pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bring to medium-low heat and cook about 45 minutes. Occasionally stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.