Cod ‘à Brás’2012-11-06
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Cod prepared in a different way, confectioned in a sautéed of olive oil, onion and garlics, mixed in fried potatoes and beaten egg, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 700 grams / (1 1/2 pounds) potatoes
- 1 egg
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cook the cod in a pan with water. When the cod is cooked, drain it remove the skins and the spines and shred it into slivers. Season with a little pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into thin sticks. Season with salt and fry them in hot oil. When they are fried, place them in a platter over absorbent paper. Beat the egg in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pan place the olive oil, chopped onion and the chopped garlics. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the cod, stir and cook in the olive oil over low heat about five minutes. Stir once in a while. Then, add the fried potatoes and mix carefully. Remove briefly the pan from heat, pour the beaten egg and mix well in the mixture. Place the pan back over heat and cook about two to three minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.