This is a very appreciated recipe in our country. This salt cod fritters recipe is very simple to prepare, has few ingredients and excellent presentation. Serve with tomato rice! Bon appetit!!!
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) desalted cod
- 125 grams (about 1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cook the cod in a pot with water for about five minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain the cod with a skimmer and let cool slightly (reserve the cooking water). Remove the skin and bones from the cod and flake it with a fork; set aside.
- In a bowl, dissolve the flour mixed with the baking powder in a little of the cod cooking water (if the dough becomes very liquid, add a little more flour). Stir and add the flaked cod together with the chopped parsley, chopped onion, pepper, eggs and a little salt. Mix well and rectify the seasoning if necessary.
- Heat the oil in a fryer. When the oil is hot, add small portions of the dough with a tablespoon and fry until golden. Place them in a dish with absorbent paper.
- Serve the salt cod fritters with tomato rice.