Lemon ice cream2012-11-08
- Servings : 4 bowls
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 6:15 h
Rate this recipe:
When it gets too hot, this lemon ice cream is a great solution for enjoying in a terrace… Prepare this quite refreshing recipe, ideal for a hot Summer day!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to beat the cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- In a bowl, whip the cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar and the egg yolks until a creamy mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, pour the lemon juice and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Finally, add the whipped cream and fold gently with a spatula.
- Place the mixture into individual bowls and freeze for six hours or overnight.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 bowls):
Total Fat: 22 g(34%)
Saturated Fat: 13 g(65%)
Cholesterol: 225 mg(75%)
Sodium: 25 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 30 g(10%)
Protein: 3 g