Chocolate cake with strawberries2012-11-05
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Well, this is one of those cakes that everyone loves! Who doesn’t like chocolate and strawberries in the same recipe!? This fusion is perfect! Try this delicious cake right now, we promise you wont regret…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams (1 cup) chocolate powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 200 grams (7 ounces) strawberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the butter until a homogeneous dough. Add the chocolate powder and mix for 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy mixture. Remove the stem from the strawberries, wash them and cut the strawberries in half.
- Mix the strawberries in the chocolate cream, pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, turn it out onto a plate and let cool to room temperature.
Chocolate cake with strawberries
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 9 g(12%)
Saturated Fat: 5 g(26%)
Cholesterol: 76 mg(25%)
Sodium: 71 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 24.5 g(9%)
Protein: 4.5 g