Pasta with cod and shrimp2015-04-30
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
If you want to serve a special lunch for your family this is undoubtedly an excellent option! Codfish cooked with the delicious shrimp taste. Your family will be amazed with this delicious blend of flavors! Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) elbow pasta
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Juice of half lemon
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Coriander (to taste)
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) shrimp
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the shrimps in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a small onion and a coriander sprig. Boil on high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool a little. Remove the peel, season with lemon juice and set aside.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin and bones from the cod and cut into pieces.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden brown. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the red pepper sauce. Stir and cook until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the cod and the shrimps and season with a little pepper. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta and season with salt. Mix the pasta in the cod and the shrimps, pour the water (enough water to cover completely the mixture) and boil on a high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.