- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
Nothing better than prepare a delicious homemade plum jam made the old fashioned way. Excellent to serve with toasts and tea.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) plums
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons liqueur
- 350 grams (1 1/2 cups) granulated sugar
- Wash and peel the plums. Remove the seeds and cut the plums in pieces.
- Place the plums cut in pieces, the sugar, honey, liqueur and the cinnamon stick in a non-stick saucepan. Stir with the help of a spoon and cook over low heat about 40 minutes until thickens (pass a wooden spoon in the bottom of the saucepan and if it leaves a trail like a road, the sweet is ready), stirring occasionally (we like to leave the jam with small plum chunks).
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and let cool to room temperature.
- Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed.
Nutrition facts per serving (6 servings)
Total Fat: 0 g(0%)
Saturated Fat: 0 g(0%)
Cholesterol: 0 mg(0%)
Sodium: 0 mg(0%)
Total Carbohydrate: 65.5 g(22%)
Protein: 0 g