Portuguese sponge cake2015-01-16
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Rate this recipe:
Portuguese sponge cake is a delicious typical cake, very appreciated and easy to prepare. Try it you won’t regret!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) sugar
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) corn starch flour
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC / (430ºF). Line a round cake pan (approximately 25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with parchment paper.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the whole eggs and the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Then, add the egg yolks and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until well incorporated. Finally, fold with a spatula the sifted corn starch flour.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake about 8 to 10 minutes (the time depends on the oven). This cake should stay a bit creamy inside. When the cake start to browned (just like in the picture) turn off the heat.
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Allow to cool to room temperature and serve.