Try this delicious pineapple mousse on a warm summer afternoon, you will not regret…
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) pineapple
- 397 grams (14 ounces) condensed milk
- 6 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to beat the cream
- Grated chocolate for garnish
- Peel the pineapple and cut into pieces. Place in a blender and blend on high until obtain a creamy mixture; set aside.
- Whip the cream with a tablespoon powdered sugar in a electric mixer until stiff peaks form and set aside in the fridge (don’t overbeat the cream).
- Place the gelatin sheets in cold water about five minutes. Drain them well and put in a bowl with the milk tablespoons. Put the bowl in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and dissolve the gelatin sheets with a spoon or a fork.
- In a glass bowl, place the mashed pineapple, the condensed milk, the dissolved gelatin sheets and, mix very well with a wire whisk. Add the whipped cream and fold gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mousse in individual bowls and refrigerate for approximately six hours or overnight. Garnish with grated chocolate and serve.